- We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from our users:
- Information that is Automatically Collected. Our web server software will collect your IP number and may store this information for some time. We do not routinely examine this data, although we reserve the right to do so to troubleshoot problems on the site. You should be aware, however, that the length of time this data is kept is dictated by our Internet Service Proivider’s policies, not by us. We also collect and store information that is generated automatically as you navigate through the Site. For example, to allow the site to recognize you once you have logged in, we use a standard feature found in WordPress software called a “cookie.” Most web browsers enable cookies by default. You may disable your web browser’s cookie feature without losing the ability to access the Jotwell’s site content. However, Jotwell will not remember you when you leave the site and you will need to log in each time if you wish to access Jotwell features that require a log-in. Jotwell does not use web beacons (single-pixel graphic files also known as “transparent GIFs”) to access cookies and to count users who visit the Site or open our HTML-formatted email messages.
- Disclosures Required by Law We may be obligated to disclose information about you to a governmental or law enforcement agency, or by a court order, or under the discovery process in litigation, investigations, and prosecutions. We may disclose personal information in good faith belief that disclosure is otherwise necessary or required by law. We may also be obligated to disclose information about you upon the advice or requirements of the General Counsel of the University of Miami.
- Other than as described above, we will we not resell or otherwise share your information with third parties for commercial purposes. However, note that the Site may include links to other websites which we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of those websites.
- Children Under 13 Years of Age Our website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from anyone under the age of 13. No part of our website, software or service is directed to children under the age of 13. We will close any accounts used exclusively by such children and will remove and/or delete any personal information we believe was submitted by any child under the age of 13.
If you believe Jotwell has inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we request that you immediately contact us so that we may remove such information. Please contact us to report such an incident. We prefer email in order to expedite the process.
Information Collected by Jotwell
How We use this information
Limitation of Liability
- ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS SHALL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF PROFIT (WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY), ANY LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, ANY LOSS OF DATA SUFFERED, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS;
- ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OR DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF:
- ANY RELIANCE PLACED BY YOU ON THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY ADVERTISING, OR AS A RESULT OF ANY RELATIONSHIP OR TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY ADVERTISER OR SPONSOR WHOSE ADVERTISING APPEARS ON THE SERVICES;
- THE DELETION OF, CORRUPTION OF, OR FAILURE TO STORE, ANY CONTENT AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS DATA MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES;
- YOUR FAILURE TO KEEP YOUR PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT DETAILS SECURE AND CONFIDENTIAL;